21st Century Grant Money is one of the leading grant programs that helps support Exergame within the non-profit sector. This program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools. The program helps students meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math; offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs; and offers literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.
- 21st Century Grants provides over $1.25 Billion to community learning centers and quality after-school programs. Many YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs locations across the country have received these grants.
- Link to Grants Applications by State: https://www2.ed.gov/programs/21stcclc/contacts.html#state
The purpose of the 21st CCLC grants, are established by federal legislation as:
- To provide opportunities for academic enrichment and tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools, to meet state and local performance standards in core academic subjects;
- To offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- To offer families of 21st CCLC students opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
21st Century Grants in Schools
While Fitness Gaming falls into the category of enrichment activities, we have found this to be a perfect opportunity for schools, YMCAs, Boys & Girls Clubs, and others to add Exergame to their facility.
21st Century Grants in Non-Profits
As the school year begins to end, please keep in mind most of this money has to be spent by the end of the academic year. Don’t miss out on this GREAT opportunity to add some type of interactive technology to your facility.
Contact us to learn more!