Occupational Therapy is the only profession that helps people across their lifespan to do things they want to do. Occupational therapy is supposed to enable people to live life to it’s fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent or live better with injury, illness or disability.
Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing support for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes.
How can Exergame help?
- Using interactive fitness improves neurological development
- Exergame products like Makoto, iWall and tWall have proven to improve quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s
- Improves cognitive deficits
- Studies have proven that it’s help children with ADHD and other behavioral disorders focus and calm kids while at school
Occupational Therapy services include an individualized evaluation during which the client and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals.
Other occupational therapy benefits?
- Build gross and fine motor skills
- Help kids become more independent at completing tasks
- Hand-eye coordination improvement
- Increase self confidence in the client