Haysville USD 261 is a public unified school district headquartered in Haysville, Kansas, United States. The district includes the communities of Haysville, small southern part of Wichita, and nearby rural areas.
The Sensory Room features The Light Wall, known as the T-Wall, which is an interactive touch wall that provides sensory feedback with lights and touch sensors. Multiple games provide progressions for users of any ability level, and the game component adds compliance for long-term effectiveness.
They installed a Sensory Room in their school district and have seen immediate positive results within their special education and therapy services programs. These Brain Gyms and safe areas for students to go are great for various populations, including: Autism, ADHD, Downs syndrome, Handicapped.
“Students go to the Sensory Room in order to calm their bodies and get all the emotions out and stabilize themselves so they’re ready learn and they are happy.”
The T-Wall can be used for these Areas of Application:
- Regulation and improvement of muscle tone
- Training of coordination, gross and fine motor skills, securing of mobility
- Development of physical mobility and physical skills
- Improvement of physical endurance
- Reaction training
- For gathering and evaluation of results, analysis of individual progress, applicable to long-term studies.
- Stimulation and improvement of motor and sensomotor skills