The Mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Northwest Indiana is to inspire and enable the youth of their communities to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. They support your child on the path to a great future.
One of the most recent Boys & Girls Clubs we have worked with was the Chesterton site location. An interesting part of the Club is their Youth X Exergame Room. The Youth X Room engages kids and teens through their virtual world to get them moving.
Using similar concepts of gamification found in video games, kids won’t even realize they are working out.
Watch the video above from Ron Ranta, Club Director at the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Northwest Indiana and find out how this interactive fitness room is having an impact on things like
- Recruiting new members
- Doubling membership
- Higher retention of membership
- Increases staff involvement
- Creating community partnerships
- Building school relationships
- Adding athletic team training
- Exciting the non athlete to exercise
- Increases comfort and excitement for fitness
- Cutting edge innovative exergame room