The Makoto-Arena is a beneficial tool for the Special Needs population and therapy market. Makoto works on timing, rhythm, and response-to-stimuli with the entire body. Studies of therapies have shown significant improvement in visual, cardiovascular, and neurological performance. These improvements include the areas of memory, speech, learning disabilities, cognitive processing, and more. Using Makoto is both fun and produces quantifiable results. Not only does this enable the therapist to track progress, but patient motivation increases as scores improve!
Makoto games are designed to incorporate proven brain-building elements. In just two 30-minute sessions a group of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder showed significant improvement in: working memory, motor skills, organization of materials, strength, and agility. Also, the research and therapy center that has been successfully using the Makoto for SPD/ Autistic kids is https://www.spdstar.org/
Why does it work?
- The client’s performance is quantifiable, change can be measured with each use.
- It is well-suited to achieving a “just right” state of challenge, stimulating but not overwhelming.
- The more you engage with Makoto, the more your scores improve. This motivates you to do it more which improves your confidence and outlook on life, and boosts your motivation for therapeutic intervention.
- Therapists can create new games per the clients’ needs; for example, a teamwork game for a parent and child helps their communication with each other.
- Makoto is great for all ages of clients; it helps with both short-term and long-term goals of therapy
We will continue to assist in improving fitness engagement and the fight against obesity in kids, teens, adults, and seniors!